Caring for your Hoi bo linen pieces - Linen Washing Instructions
- Turn your clothing inside out before putting in the wash.
- Wash like colours together to prevent the transfer of colour from darker fabrics to lighter coloured garments.
- Wash like weight fabrics together and your clothing will keep their shape.
- Machine wash on a delicate cycle in cold water using a natural mild laundry detergent. We suggest using a detergent that isn’t scented or with any fabric softeners added to it. At Hoibo we use Eco Max Natural Laundry Wash that is available at most large grocers and health food shops.
- Skip the fabric softener, it leaves a waxy residue on your clothing that can make stains more difficult to remove.
- Remove from the laundry machine, lay flat and smooth out the wrinkles.
- If after washing you feel like your linen piece is a touch shorter you can iron with steam on the linen setting until smooth to bring it back to the original length.
Treating stains in Linen
It’s always easiest to treat stains when they’re fresh! The faster you act, the better your results will be. See below for some stain-specific treatment instructions.
If possible, rinse the stained linen immediately with cold water. Gently rub a colourless, non-antimicrobial dish soap onto the stain to help loosen it, and then rinse with water. Repeat if necessary until it appears lifted. After this pre-treatment, follow the general washing instructions for linen (see above).
Do not use anti-microbial soaps on your fabric as they often contain a bleaching agent that can remove the colour from your pieces. If you're out-and-about and you're not sure what's in the soap dispenser, you're better off waiting to treat the stain.
To treat coffee stained linen use club soda to soak the area as soon as possible and blot with a clean cloth until the stain is gone. Next, follow the general washing instruction for linen (see above).
Make-up and general stains:
Treat the affected area with a stain remover and follow the instructions specific of your chosen product. Always pre-test your stain remover or detergent in an inconspicuous place before you use it on your garment. After you have pre-treated the stain, follow the general washing instruction for linen (see above).
At Hoi Bo, we have tested two different stain removers and have found them to work well on our linens when following the instructions specific to each product:
- Oxy Clean Stain Remover
- Resolve Oxy Action Stain Remover
After you have pre-treated the stain, follow afterwards with the general washing instruction for linen posted above.
We're always here for you if you need a hand! Drop us a note at hello@hoibo or chat with us at (647) 852-5488.Continue reading